, , ,

Following Man United’s loss to Everton in April, Cristiano Ronaldo shattered a fan’s phone, earning him a £50,000 fine and a two-match suspension.

The FA reportedly slammed Cristiano Ronaldo with a £50,000 fine and a two-match suspension for shattering a fan’s phone earlier this year.

 

In April, after Manchester United lost to Everton at Goodison Park, Ronaldo seemed to slap Jacob Harding’s hand as he went down the tunnel, breaking the youngster’s phone.

Following his actions, Ronaldo posted an apology to his Instagram page.

 

‘It’s never easy to deal with emotions in difficult moments such as the one we are facing,’ he wrote.

 

‘Nevertheless, we always have to be respectful, patient and set the example for all the youngsters who love the beautiful game.

 

‘I would like to apologise for my outburst and, if possible, I would like to invite this supporter to watch a game at Old Trafford as a sign of fair play and sportsmanship.’

 

The 37-year-old was interviewed by police in relation to alleged assault and criminal damage and received a caution for his behaviour.

Ronaldo also looked to apologise to Harding in person, but the mother of the 14-year-old autistic boy Sarah Kelly refused, leading to a 10-minute phone call, with Kelly later branding the superstar as ‘arrogant’.

 

‘He asked me if I would like to come down and meet his family,’ she told The Mirror. He said, “I’m not a bad dad”. I said to him, “I never said you were a bad dad”.

 

‘He said, “I had a terrible upbringing, I lost my dad”. I said to him, “Everybody has a sob story Ronaldo, I lost my dad young, I’ve had cancer”.

 

‘He kept calling me Jack and didn’t even know my name and I said, “My name is Sarah” and he said, “Oh, Sarah, I’m sorry”.

 

never called Jacob by his name either; he always referred to him as “the youngster.” He added, “I know the boy has issues. He doesn’t have a problem; he just has a disability. You are the one who has a problem, I informed him.

 

Ronaldo, according to Sarah, is the “most conceited man I’ve ever spoken to” and believes he has “got away with it.”

 

Following the conclusion of their investigation, the FA fined and suspended Ronaldo, as The Mirror reported.

He

 

Last month, when the investigation was still ongoing, it was believed that Ronaldo would accept the FA’s charge of illegal behavior but was adamant about fighting the possibility of a ban.

It remains unclear whether he will dispute the punishment handed down.

 

The charge comes just a day after he ended his second spell at United following his bombshell interview with Piers Morgan where he criticised the club.

 

United announced that Ronaldo’s contract had been terminated by ‘mutual consent’ on Tuesday evening November 22.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *